Thursday, July 9, 2009

LA Zoo

We went to the LA Zoo with Mum yesterday. We drove to her house Tuesday evening and spent the night. Mum had so much fun with Brigid. Brigid was her usual silly self, making up stories, and being a crack-up! In the morning, we drove to the Zoo and got there right when they opened. It didn't take Brigid long to start complaining. As anyone who has been there knows, there are a lot of hills, and it gets hot! We should have rented an electric wheelchair- that way, Mum would have had an easier time, and could have also carried Brigid in her lap some of the time. We got to see most of the animals, had lunch right next to the girrafes, and spent a long day wandering. By the time we got back to Mum's, we were beat! We stayed there till after dinner, then Brigid and I drove home.










Brigid's favorites were the Meerkats and the lemurs (I can't remember the name of them- the white ones that are like Zooboomafu). They were hysterical! The elephant exhibit is under construction, but we did see one from a distance wandering around and playing in water. I really love all the primates. We watched the gorillas and the chimps for a while. But the most fun of the great apes were the oragatans. There was a massively huge male, a couple females, and a baby. He was so funny- climbing, swinging, falling! I was so busy watching him, I forgot to take pictures!!!



All in all, it was a really good day. Brigid must have been really worn out because I got her to bed at 9 last night, and she didn't wake up till 9:20 this morning!
******
I took Brigid to the eye doc on Monday for her follow-up appointment. She's only had the glasses for a couple weeks, so we will have to go back again in two more weeks. The big problem was that her right eye had been 20/70 a month ago, and when this other doctor checked in on Monday, she said it was 20/200. Doesn't seem right to me. She said we have to extend the eye patch wearing time to two hours a day, with the glasses on at the same time. If her vision isn't back at least to where it started by the next visit, she will definitely need to go to a specialist. I'm going to go today to buy those bandaid type eye patches, because wearing the pirate kind under the glasses just doesn't work. Brigid is hating it. Her face gets all hot under the patch, and she can hardly see! She told me a few days ago that she wants to be blind in one eye. That's how sick of it she is! I tried to explain that by over using her left eye, she could wear it out and then she'd be blind in both eyes. At this point, I don't think she cares. I'm hoping there isn't something seriously wrong with her right eye. Or if there is, that its something that can be fixed. Poor thing is miserable right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment