Thursday, June 11, 2009

Preschool Graduation

Last night was Brigid's preschool graduation. It was too cute! they did a luau theme, so the kids all had leis on, and they had decorated the playground fences. The graduates all walked out to the graduation march. they did the flag salue, which included a couple songs. Then they sat and sang three more songs.

Each grad was called up and given a "diploma" by their teacher, Ms. Placensia.









The diploma was actually all the kids' names in their own writing. That is totally going in the scrap book (if i ever get around to doing it!). They also had made little books with all their number and letters done with textures, and their hand and foot prints on the covers. It was really nice.
When Jackie (the director) was talking during the ceremony, she mentioned that they have a second generation student, she didn't give a name, but she was referring to Brigid! They've had others, but Brigid was the only one this year. Another thing she said that cracked me up was that they have taught the kids to tell people they went to Dove Day whenever someone comments of how well the write or know their letters,numbers, or concepts!
In the morning yesterday, Ms Mokay (now Mrs. Martinez) said to me, "Only two more days." I said I'd still be coming by, and she laughed and said that's what Ms Placensia had said, that I wouldn't be gone forever! I really like all the teachers there. Some have become like friends.
***
Brigid has worn her eye patch for a little while the last two days. 20 minutes while playing with clay the first day, 30 while watching cartoons the second. Her biggest complaint, aside from things being blurry, is that it makes her face sweat. She cries when I tell her to put it on, but she is starting to realize that the time passes quickly, so its not such a big deal.
***
Tomorrow is her last day of school this year. She starts kindergarten on August 31st. I have no idea what we are going to do all summer!!! I plan on making her do some homework, to keep everything she's learned in her head, and hopefully to learn a couple more things before school starts.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is so fantastic. Bless, so she's setting out on the next part of her journey.

    ReplyDelete